Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The decision is made... I think

prefer doing brooches for Christmas because then the men can wear them too! 

But the problem with tatted brooches is that more often than not the brooch backs or pins can be seen through the holes in the tatting. :/ has anyone figured out how to overcome this problem? 

Toyed around with two patterns 


A holly pattern from a Japanese pattern book. And... 


A minitat snowflake. I did this in some silver thread I got from a local beading store. 

I think I like the snowflake better. But can the brooch back be seen? 

What do you think? 

2 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Always a problem. I tend to use safety pins as there's not so much to show through the tatting. I'd suggest, though, that you mount the tatting onto a piece of felt and then add the pin.

Anonymous said...

I agree, was gonna say same thing tell I read Jane's :) with that the safety pin is tiny and works for me! I love the red button and leaves super cute!