Thursday, September 25, 2014

Down and out for the count.

Been diagnosed with shingles :/ and am under "house arrest" for a week.

Time to catch up on crafting. 

When I'm working I'm always telling myself "I wish I had time to work on [insert project here]". Now that I am house locked I can't remember what most of these projects were! *self-fume*

But I did remember a cube biscornu project that was shared with me earlier this year that had me all excited because the sample was done in variegated thread... 

I've never tried stitching in variegated thread before. 

I read online and some people said to do it stitch by stitch (i.e. x by x) Some people said to stitch normally... (Like all the /// first followed by \\\). So I tried both. 


The left motif is stitch by stitch. The right motif is stitched normally. Both had different effects. So I mixed it up with this awesome anchor 1335 floss. 

Tadah! 

How do you stitch with variegated threads. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I never thought about that and I can see the delima. I guess if the adia cloth was dark color it wouldn't matter as much, which method but the lighter the fabric the more the stitch by stitch would make a difference. cute cube fun!

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thanks! It was quite fun to do. The stitching together was a little fumbly though. I like that this was done in one piece. As opposed to traditional biscornus

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Good luck with the shingles. I hope you have a mild case.

GraceT said...

For what it's worth, I prefer the look of the stitch-by-stitch motif. I suppose you could do it either way, depending on the effect you want.