Sunday, May 20, 2012

warning: minor craft content

Craft content first shall we? I decided I needed new earrings. I've always liked these glass flowery things =). So I did myself some earrings with some stars I bought a while back with my crystals...


My pool coach brought me prawning today... How it works is you pay $33 for 3 hours with a rod at the prawning pond (bait provided). You can do whatever you want with the prawns you catch (including eat them)... He was insistent that I try and catch a prawn. 2 hours later I caught this (it was my only prawn for the day but it was huuge). 


This being the first prawn I caught and not to mention it was really big I wanted to eat him (yes I know I'm horribly horrible). I'm not too big on cooking seafood so I insisted that we ask the nearby food vendor if he would cook it up for me. =). We only had 2 prawns... this one and a normal sized one - so he said he'd throw in somemore prawns and charge us $15. Why not! It beats having to figure out how to cook it myself!


I think you can see how much bigger it is than the 'normal' prawns...


 On a small styrofoam plate with a disposable chinese soup spoon for size comparison.


After I shelled it.

I was fun =) and the giant-ness of the prawn sure made for a memorable experience (much to the misery of my pool coach having 'lost' out to a girl LOL).



No comments: