Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Summary of the Perth trip!

So I spent a couple of days in Perth, Western Australia with Dad. Haven't taken a trip with Dad in a while so I thought the in between job-ness would be perfect. 

We just took is easy. Walking about free and easy. We've been to Perth before (the whole family when my Mom was still around) but that was maybe 15 years ago? 

Being the typical Singaporean, we ate everything we wanted to: fish and chips at the docks of Fremantle, Mrs Mac's pies, Jester pies, red rooster and more! 

Things have changed but there were so many things that were nostalgic. Sadly it seems that the art and craft scene has dwindled but I enjoyed what there was to enjoy :). 


I always buy gifts for people back home and of course souvenirs for myself. And I am a sucker for handmade items! 


I've always loves dichroic glass but it's so expensive to have it shipped in on etay. I was glad to get my hands on some. Plus who can deny semi precious stones! The dinosaur studs were a bonus :)  

I picked up a lovely pen for my sister :) the two ladies in the collage above were selling them. They are made by the husband of the lady on the left. Hope my sister likes it! 

My Dad is awesome and is a super trooper. He trained bussed and footed around with me in search of craft stores and fishing tackle shops!  

With the aid of pre-trip internet research..


Stitchers Corner 
34 Mint Street, East Victoria Park 6101
Open Monday to Friday and Sunday 9am to 5pm. 
Check them out at www.stitcherscorner.com.au

I also visited two more yarn stores (in search of stuff for my knitty sister). 

The better was 
Crossways 
Shop 15, Crossways Shopping Centre,
Cnr of Bagot & Rokeby Road, Subiaco 
WA 6008. 
Check them out at www.woolshop.com.au. 

Spotlight has a branch in Singapore but the Australian ones are so much more awesome! 


And of course, gifts for the crafty friends and family. 


And my sister's puppy wasn't left out! 


Looks like Christmas came early!

Now the thing is finding time to make use of all these beautiful stuff! 



4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

My daughter lives in Perth. She visited us recently and brought one of the hand made pens you show here. She visits Spotlight often, but I've given her the address of the other shop you mention - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got lots of loot :) having a wonderful time with family!

rainbows and raindrops said...

Cool! Glad I could help!! :) Stitchers Corner is good for tatting and stitching. Not so much for knitting though!

rainbows and raindrops said...

Yes I did. I used to take yearly trips with my dad but stopped due to... Problems. Hoping to go with the dad and the sister to Tasmania at the end of the year!