Tuesday, May 15, 2012

meowr!

I couldn't sleep last night... So I decided to get up and tat... and I tatted this


The little kitty cat from Ms Martha Ess' book, New Critters on the Block.

I'm usually quite wary of block tatting (I have tension issues =() and to be frank I never did dare to venture near any of the block tatted critters (even though I've had this book for years) so I am quite pleased how my little cheshire cat turned out. =)

I did him in size 20 Milford with size 11/0 beads.

9 comments:

A.G. said...

Very cute! I've yet to attempt that sort of thing. Looks daunting. :)

rainbows and raindrops said...

Hi Anika - I was daunted by it too! But when I actually sat down to it it wasn't all that bad =).

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is a very cute pattern! I'm always impressed by the talent out there in Tat Land - both the designers and the tatters! You did a great job. Hope you weren't too sleep deprived the next day!

rainbows and raindrops said...

Hi Kathy - thanks for the compliments =). I'm paying for my late night tatting endeavor right now!

Valerie said...

That's a sweet little kitty. HOw the choice of thread colour changes the whole look and feel of the cat! Nice.

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thanks Val!

God's Kid said...

That is an awesome cat!!! :)

Claire said...

Great pattern and tatting. Super cute cat.

twenty six letters said...

He's adorable :D