Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finally having things to share!

I'm a little teapot short and stout...
I love this cutey from Ms Matha Ess' book, Tea is for Tatting. This is the little square teapot (i believe it is called since I don't have the book with me right now) done in size 50 Omega thread. I'm quite pleased with this little fellow and am contemplating whether I should use him as a decorative motif or make him into a bookmark - any comments?
I also had time to do up a Flowery SCMR bookmark. Designed by Ms Jane Eborall. This has to be one of my favourite bookmark patterns.

I did this one in size 40 Milford and size 40 Lizbeth Lollipop (one of my favourites). I was going for a 'stained glass' effect.

I had some trouble with the bookmark because I disovered that the Milford 40 is a whole lot thicker than the Lizbeth 40... so I had to be supr careful with tension. I think it turned out alright =). This is the first time that I'm doing this beauty with a 'tail'. I modified the 'tail' myself so that I wouldn't have to cut and tie and sew in extra ends for the flower motif (yes I know I'm such a lazy potato). It is now holding my place in the latest book that I borrowed from the local library. =)

No comments: