Monday, March 26, 2012

After work experiments

I've had a constructive evening today and am rather pleased with myself. =)
I saw a project sheet for some scrap fabric key rings and I thought I'd try them myself... so far I haven't been sucessful. Initially I couldn't even get the 'a' sewn on right =(. I never tried anything like this before.
Today I think I didn't do too badly.

Considering this is attempt no.2, it isn't that bad right?

I applied interfacing to both sides but I felt it was too flimsy to be a key ring =( So I abandonned it for now. Even with interfacing on both sides! I'm wondering now whether it may be better to quilt it... but that wouldn't help with the stiffness now would it...

Hmmm...

The key ring also involved sewing a circle which I did badly with! Now that I've turned on the PC I've found this. A bit late isn't it =(.
I saw on my last meeting with Jessica and Sheila Jessica's divider pins... So I decided to fashion some myself.

Not too bad if I don't say so myself.  =)

But having done them I'm now wondering if the pins are too thick =(. I'll check with Jessica and Sheila when I next see them.

I'm now so tempted to buy some bobbins from Roseground! But do I really need more bobbins????

I'd really like (thought questionably not need) the chocate ones but they're 3 times the price of the birch ones! Decisions. Decisions. 2 friends that I've asked (who don't do lace and are in fact, men) said go for the 'expensive' ones. One says "I don't like cheap things", the other says "if you like them better go for it, it's not thaat pricey to go for the more expensive ones".

Decisions decisions! Any input? Should I listen to the men?

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Well they're not as expensive as most of the others, after all....and in three months' time, the extra money you spent will be long forgotten and you'll have something you really love.
If you buy the cheap ones, you'll always hanker after the ones you wanted all along.