Tuesday, May 31, 2016

No time no time!

I haven't had much time to craft at all. In between work and the stuff I now do outside work, I haven't touched a shuttle (sadly) in ages!

I had a rough weekend and really needed to get in some crafting to settle frazzled and strained nerves. 

So I stamped and coloured (to make gift tags and cards for upcoming birthdays). 


My colouring skill aren't great and I read a few webbies yesterday about how to go about colouring in stamps. Save for one site that was giving pointed on shading and shadows I didn't really find anything instructive.

So. How do they look? Does anything have good websites to recommend about card and gift tag making using stamped images? Or colouring? Do share!

Hope be able to actually finish the tags and hopefully will update and or show the finished product. Wondering whether I will be able to sneak in some small tats in the tags...


5 comments:

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

They look cute to me. I haven't done anything like this in quite a while, but i like chalks for coloring when I want to do shading. I color with a q-tip. There is at least one free Kindle book on coloring for adults that gets more advanced than I usually want to try. Search their free books to see what you find.

rainbows and raindrops said...

Oh Cool! Thanks for the tip!

I'm assuming when you say chalks you don't mean the kind on the blackboard! Will look it up!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Correct. They are artist chalks for drawing, scrapbooking, etc. Mine are rectangular. I think they are sometimes called chalk pastels or soft chalks. Amazon carries several brands or check your local artist supply store or scrapbooking store. I love them.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

One more thing, once you are finished, you can seal it with a light coating of hair spray. By the way, the books I looked at were about coloring for adults but they did not focus on a particular medium.

rainbows and raindrops said...

OMG you've so inspired me to hit the art store tonight!

Would a blending pencil / stump be a good purchase?