Saturday, October 17, 2015

The beginnings of my personal alpine forest

Last year's Christmas brooch was one of Ms Patti Duff's mini tats.

This year's is *drumroll* 


Ms Marilee Rockley's beaded Christmas tree :) 

A lovely quick tat :) I love the frilly 3D effect of the rings. 

The bigger ones are with Milford 20. The smaller ones are DMC cebelia 30. I used five different colours of beads (a good way to destash!) together with some star shaped buttons I've had since I don't know when! 

(I had initially tried the pattern with red beads only but I didn't like the outcome.) 

I'm loving them little trees! It might seem early but you never know when you would or wouldn't have time to tat!  

9 done... 11 to go! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they are so cute and you have lots done and nice and early too!

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely! Yes, you need to leave yourself plenty of time.

God's Kid said...

Awesome trees!!!! :)

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thank you! Yes I know I'm early :/ I was afraid I eventually wouldn't have enough time!

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thank you!

rainbows and raindrops said...

For anyone interested the pattern is still for sale here: https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/152461768/tatting-pattern-layered-ring-christmas?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tatting%20christmas&ref=sr_gallery_4

Fox said...

Sweet!