Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Administrative Professionals' week!

Happy Administrative Professionals' week!

I know it's silly but I make effort not to call it Secretaries' week so that like my office accounts lady and despatch uncle (who aren't technically secretaries) don't get left out. 

Made brooches for the 4 secretaries in me office! 


Don't think I've done this type of button work before. And I definitely haven't done beadwork like this is a long time. 

Made in 4 shades of Lizbeth thread with size 11 beads, I did some minor changes to Ms Eborall's pattern - I didn't do the little dangle and instead of the beaded centre I glued on a flat backed crystal :) 

I quite like them! I'm going to make another for a friend's unwell mother. 

Ms Eborall's beaded button brooch pattern has been generously shared here:  
http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/BroochFlat2013.pdf 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice looking brooches

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.