Friday, October 31, 2014

Experimental project! (Again!)

Was inspired by the Teachers' Day gifts that a friend did for her children to give away to the teachers - personalized stamped calico bags.

I asked her about them and did some research on inks and... 

Did my own experiment. 

Managed to get my hands on some cheap calico bags, Versacraft ink pads (which as far as my research shows is the best for inking fabrics) and used some stamps I already had. 

Minor confession to make. I bought these alphabet clear stamps EONS ago :( but never got around to using them. I never got over the "fear" of using non-traditional stamps... I used to "blame" it on the fact that I didn't have an acrylic block (but I got acrylic block type things as a sale half an eon ago). It was just inertia I guess. 

I find rubber stamp convenient to place and easy to rearrange (at least I can see it on the block before I stamp it) but they are ao fiddly and so darned fiddly to peel stick unpeel restick to tiny pieces of film and keep. 

Wondering if I can just snip sheets of transparencies and stick them all there rather than on these stupid tiny pieces of film that I keep dropping :( 

All in all I do like the outcome (this one is plainer since it was an experiment). 

A great gift idea IMO! 

No comments: