I finally got around to using some.
I made myself a new scissors fob in size 20 Lizbeth Twirlz Purpleberry. Even though it kinda just looks "shiny" it's actually the different colours. If you look closely it's a mix of two shades of purple and pink.
It's quite nice a thread to tat with. It's silky smooth and thankfully doesn't become "unravelled" on unpicking. It's much softer than the regular Lizbeth. I did find a few "bumps" in the thread but I managed to work around it.
All in all it's quite an enjoyable thread to tat with but it's a shame the tri colours don't come up better. Maybe it's just this shade though.
Has anyone else tried the Twirlz?

7 comments:
Yes, I have - it's much thinner than regular size 20 and it is wonderful to tat with - very very smooth.I enjoyed working with it.
I only tried a small motif, I don't know what it would look like in a big piece - perhaps it's best used as an accent colour.
Thanks to you, I just bought this book. I put the beautiful fob, you made me on the zipper of the pouch you made. I drilled a small hole in the zipper tab to run the fob through. The puple one is very pretty.
You can really see the two colors on the ring- pretty!
Perhaps so. Do let me know if you try it out!
Thanks for the kind words! Her book is lovely. I've also added crystals to the flower centers to make pretty pendants :).
Jon's books are very good. You should also take a look at her snowflake book if you don't already have it. It's my go to book for snowflakes :)
Thanks Michelle! At least I know someone can see the colours. It may be this colourway that's a bit more subtle though. I will try another colourway and share that soon!
Looks wonderful!!! :)
Post a Comment