I know I'm supposed to stick the bobbin on the little "tail" to wind the thread and that worked awesomely.
But I have no clue how to use it! I can't "pull" out thread to release more thread from the shuttles and end up having to manually "turn" the bobbin from the side - maybe it's because the shuttles are new but they are not that easy to push along. I ended up with very sore thumbs!
Am I doing it right?
That aside the shuttles are beautifully sized and lovely to handle. Even though I'm not used to a pick I only poked myself once!
To all bobbin shuttle tatters: HELP

6 comments:
I can't help you but I will be watching for the replies, because I have the same problem - can't turn the bobbin.
You can normally just pull the shuttle, or pull the thread, and the bobbin will unwind. You shouldn't have to push the bobbin with your thumb. I would think the bobbin is just a bit stiff because it's new. I do push the bobbin with my thumb to rewind. I haven't used that brand, but the principle should be the same. Work with it a bit and it should improve.
Thanks for the tip!
So the bobbin is supposed to move when I tug gently? I take it it's not supposed to "run" but only move when I tug gently?
Yes, you don't want it to undo when you're working with it. So that's why you'll need to tug when you do want it to unravel.
Thanks for the help Jane! Now to try again!
Good luck!
Post a Comment