I love giving away stuff that I have made.
My Mom's youngest sister (in other words my youngest Aunt) just retired so I did this for her.
Monica from Lene Bjorn's book of Tatted Bookmarks in Olympus thread (colour M1).
The card has a small teapot from Martha Ess' Tea is for Tatting with an attempt at a tea mug that I did myself. These were in size 50 Omega thread.
Olympus thread is a lovely thread to tat with but it is hard to find and the size is kind of in between a 20 and a 40 (even though the label says 40). It's one of those threads that you just go "oooooo" at the smoothness in closing a ring =).
I sometimes feel that it's a waste to use the "good stuff" but I'm trying to make conscious choice to use the "good stuff" when I can - it would be such a same to waste it!

3 comments:
Lovely gift. I like Olympus thread too. My sister-in-law sent me some when she and my brother lived in Singapore. Lovely soft colours as well as excellent texture.
Thank you!
Olympus thread is indeed lovely. Do you know it's super readily available in japan? When I went to Tokyo for a holiday a couple years back you could get giant balls (think crochet cotton large balls) at department stores!
i, too, give many things away. it is such a joy. lovely tea motifs. i have to try these one day. i have owned the book a few months!
Post a Comment