Monday, October 7, 2013

WIP

I rarely do a large project. I rarely seem to have the willpower to complete. 

I do doilies even more rarely - my doilies usually turned into bowls!

I started one quite a while back in DMC 80 but stopped after round 3. I did a bit if round 3 tonight. 


There are 8 rounds to this doiley. 

Praying for the perseverance to finish this project - and also to avoid bowling! 

Am now wondering if I even have enough thread! 

4 comments:

Maureen said...

You can always use a plain contrast colour for one or two of the rounds - stretch out your thread!
I love tatting doilies.

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thanks Maureen! I'm worried I'll run out thread mid- round. But that may be me beig paranoid! I have a doiley phobia! Too many "bowls"... Shudder.

Maureen said...

If it's an old pattern, it's not usual to count the join as a first-half stitch; if you try just making a complete stitch after the join, it may be all that's needed to stop the doily from bowling.
I discovered that by experience! - and even if it's a modern pattern, you can always tat a second -half stitch when you reverse the work to start a chain - gives a bit of extra room to the work, as well as doing away with gaps.

rainbows and raindrops said...

ooo that never occurred to me! Thanks Maureen!