Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tatting! (and a rant)

First of course, here's day 3 of the TIAS - my picot look horrible I know =(
 

Plus I managed to do some experimenting with Yarnplayer's design on tatting on a metal centre - I think this is the first time I've tatting on a metal centre. I was a little worried that the thread would fray and snap on the metal centre as I was tightening the joins - does anyone know if this is something I should be worried about?
 

And then, the rant:

I cannot stand it when I take effort to pre-prepare and pre-plan things so that there is no last minute rush and it all goes up in smoke because someone else decides to leave it to the last minute. Then at the last minute its thrown right back at me and all the effort I put in before goes up in smoke. I'm bad at last minute work. I know it. And I'm grumpy doing it. Frustrated. The pre-preparation and pre-planning was done pursuant to discussions and agreements on direction! ARGH! It's 2.17am (Sun) in the morning. I'm still working on it because it's to be used on Monday morning. I was notified of the changes at 10pm (Sat). Fret. Frust. Twitch.

And last but not least - remember to check out and sign up for the Secret Shuttle Exchange! Link can be found on the left side bar!

3 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Day three looking very colourful, it will be interesting to find out what it is.
Lovely piece of tatting with the doodad.
Margaret

rainbows and raindrops said...

Yes I'm completely intrigued by the TIAS! Maybe it's a wheel? Or a pie? Or a parasol?

Thank you for your compliments!

West Pine Creations said...

I haven't had any problems with thread fraying on my doo dads/embellishments. If they feel sharp, I use a rotary tool with a rubber polishing point to smooth the edges.