Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tea is for reading... And tatting

I recently picked up a new series to read. The main character owns and runs a tea shop. It's rather quaint :) I like it. Obviously there's a lot of references to tea. I've always been a tea drinker myself. So I decided I needed and apt bookmark.

Done in size 50 omega thread (with a bit of lizbeth for "tea") :) the little square teapot from Ms Martha Ess' book Tea for Tatting. There was no matching teacup so I had to "wing" one. Think it looks more like a mug though :(. 

The idea was a stream of tea being poured into the cup - did I at least get close?? 

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I knew what it was right away! Clever idea! I love a steaming MUG of tea so I think it's wonderful!
Maybe a saucer would make it look more "cup-like"?

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thank you Michelle! A saucer is a great idea. Now to think about how to do it! Hmmmm

Mrs. Fink said...

Very clever! I got it as soon as you said the series was about tea! Well done!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea. I have Martha's book and have tatted several patterns, but this is a great idea. I will have to try it.

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thank you for your kind comments. :)