Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Mondo GIveaway and a WIP

Check out the awesome giveaway that Ladyshuttlemaker is having on her blog here! Hmm... methinks that the next book in my challenge which I shall start should be from her books!

But that aside... item 1 of my 2012 Challenge is from Tatting Treats Two by Ms Pam Palmer


The lovely lovely Rocking Horse. I've done this little cutey a couple of times before. It's my favourite tat for the 'new parents!' prezzies =). This one in size 80 Lizbeth Sherbert Delight is for a little girl named Kyra =). I haven't bought the frame yet so I haven't finished the full present. Pics will be posted when I get around to getting the frame. =)

One of my first few tatting books - and still one of my favourites. I still recommend this as well as Tatting Treats and Tatting Treats Three (and in fact any other book by Ms Pam Palmer) to any 'fresh' tatter... =)

On another crafting front (since I'm on leave this week - clearing leave before it gets wiped out), I'm loving my WIP for my MSCSG January 2012 SAL! Woohoo!


4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The rocking horse is adorable! I just purchased Pam Palmer's book so that I can tat it. I love the color thread you chose!

Valerie said...

the rocking horse is lovely! nice to know you are working on such fun stuff, both the tatting and cross stitch. btw, do u know where i can find copies of pam palmer's books?

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thanks Diane! =)

to Val: you can get them at handyhands =) I have links in my post. I don't think they are available at local bookstores here sadly.

Claire said...

As a horse lover, I can only adore this cute rocking horse. And now I have it's reference. Thanks.
It's a wonderful present for a newborn's room.